Timeline to Appeal:
Misdemeanor appeals are filed within 30 days from the date of sentence or order that is being appealed.
This website serves as a general guideline of the appeal process for Misdemeanor cases. To learn more you should read Title 8 of the California Rules of Court, Rules 8.800 – 8.816 and 8.850 - 8.890, which set forth the governing codes on the procedures for Infraction cases.
Below are the links to commonly used Appeal forms for Misdemeanors. Any Judicial Council Form can be obtained at any courthouse or county law library or online. To obtain detailed information for the process of appeals on Misdemeanor cases, click here.
- Abandonment of Appeal (Misdemeanor) CR-137
- Notice of Appeal (Misdemeanor) CR-132
- Notice Regarding Record of Oral Proceedings (Misdemeanor) CR-134
- Order Concerning Appellant's Proposed Statement on Appeal (Misdemeanor) APP-105
- Proposed Statement on Appeal (Misdemeanor) CR-135
- Proof of Service (Appellate Division) APP-109
- Request for Court Appointed Lawyer in Misdemeanor Appeal CR-133
- What is Proof of Service? APP-109-INFO
- Fees (Appeal fees start at line #163)