A new feature has been added to our Online Copy Request program. If you are placing an order for ‘plain’ copies you can choose ‘immediate email delivery’, the postage fees will be waived, and your documents should arrive within 5 minutes of placing the order.
If you know the case number, this online system allows you to request printed copies and certified copies of documents and minute orders that are not confidential and are available to the public.
Copies ordered through our Online Copy Request system will be completed and mailed within 5 business days. Additionally, allow another 7 -10 days for mail delivery. You will be notified by email when your order has been processed. You may also check the status of an order through the Check Order Status website.
If you do not know the case number, or you do know your case number but cannot find the case you are searching for on- line, you can request the court to conduct a search for the records. A fee of $15.00 will be charged [per GC § 70627(c)] and take approximately 15 business days. To request the Court conduct a records search, please visit the 'Records Search Assistance' page.
To begin, see the pertaining area of law below and you will be appropriately directed.
Civil, Small Claims, Unlawful Detainers (Eviction)
- Certified copies of documents or minute orders for Civil cases must be purchased using the Online Copy Request system.
- Non-certified copies of Civil case documents and minute orders are available on the Public Access site. California Rules of Court 2.500 - 2.507 allows non-certified documents for Civil cases only to be instantly available via the internet. Copies ordered through the Court’s Public Access site are instantly available via the internet for both viewing and printing once payment has been submitted.
- Both certified and non-certified copies copies of documents or minute orders for Family law cases must be purchased using the Online Copy Request system.
- Certified copies of documents or minute orders for Probate cases must be purchased using the Online Copy Request system.
- Non-certified Copies
- Both certified and non-certified copies of documents or minute orders for Criminal and Traffic cases must be purchased using the Online Copy Request system.
- The fee for copies is $.50 per page. [GC § 70627(a)]
- The fee for minute orders is $1.00 per minute order. [GC § 70627(a)]
- The fee for certifying documents/minute orders is $25.00 per document. [GC § 70626(a)(4)]
- The fee for a certified Family Law Dissolution Judgment (divorce decree) is $15.00 per judgment. [GC § 70674]
5 pages or less - $0.49
6 pages to 50 pages - $3.30
51 pages to 100 pages - $5.60
Over 100 pages - $12.35
*Postage fees take into account the weight of documents for the postage rate and the cost of envelopes.
Information Regarding Purged Records
If you cannot find the court record you are searching for, it may be because it has been purged/removed from the database. The Riverside Superior Court routinely purges court records pursuant to Government Code Section 68152. You can find a copy of Government Code Section 68152 at www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html