You may attend Traffic School if you meet the following criteria:
- Your citation is for a moving violation of the California Vehicle Code.
- You have not attended traffic school within the past 18 months for any other violation.
- If your citation is for speeding, you did not exceed 25 mph over the posted speed limit.
- You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation.
- Your citation does not contain a charge that requires a mandatory court appearance.
- You were not cited for alcohol or drugs.
Requesting Traffic School
If you wish to attend traffic school, you must attend a DMV-approved course (see below). Select one of the following options:
- By telephone: 951.222.0384
- In person at any Traffic Court location.
- By mail: Please make your check or money order payable to “Riverside Superior Court” and note your citation number on the check. Send your check for the full amount of your fine plus the $57.00 Traffic School processing fee to:
Payment Processing Center
505 S. Buena Vista Rm. 201
Corona, Ca. 92882
Traffic School Lists:
- Approved traffic schools recognized by DMV
When accessing the above DMV website, click on ‘Start Search’, then ‘Access the system’, then select, ‘Traffic School List’. Click on 'Get Traffic School List' then select from drop down list , ‘Classroom Course, Home Study Course, or Internet Course’. Follow the directions to locate a Traffic School.
NOTE: If you are eligible for traffic school and decide not to attend, your automobile insurance may be adversely affected. One conviction in any 18-month period will not show on your driving record if you complete a traffic violator school program. If you are not eligible to attend but do so anyway, the conviction will be reported on your driving record and there will be no refund of any fees paid.