traffic school

You may choose to attend Traffic School for certain vehicle violations. To be eligible for Traffic School you must meet the following criteria:

  • You have not attended traffic school  for a citation issued within 18 months of the violation date.
  • Your citation is for a moving violation of the California Vehicle Code.
  • If your citation is for a speeding violation, your speed did not exceed 25 mph over the speed limit.
  • You were not operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the violation.
  • Your citation must not contain a charge that requires a mandatory court appearance.
  • You were not cited for alcohol or drugs.

If you do not meet all the criteria, you may not attend traffic school. If you are allowed to attend traffic school more than once in an 18-month period, the dismissal will still appear on your driving record.

NOTICE: If you are eligible for traffic school and decide not to attend, your automobile insurance may be adversely affected.  One conviction in any 18-month period will be held confidential and will not show on your driving record if you complete a traffic violator school program.  If you are not eligible to attend, but do so anyway, the conviction will be reported on your driving record and there will be no refund of any fees paid.

Requesting Traffic School

You may request and pay for traffic school or request a traffic school monthly payment plan, using one of the following options:

  • Online or
  • By telephone: 951.222.0384
  • By mail: Send a check or money order for the full amount of your fine plus the $57.00 Traffic School processing fee to:

    Payment Processing Center
    505 S. Buena Vista Rm. 201
    Corona, Ca. 92882

  • In person at any Traffic Court location.

Traffic School Lists:

  • Approved traffic schools recognized by DMVLeaving site

    When accessing the above DMV website, click on ‘Start Search’, then ‘Access the system’, then select, ‘Traffic School List’. Click on 'Get Traffic School List' then select from drop down list , ‘Classroom Course, Home Study Course, or Internet Course’. Follow the directions to locate a Traffic School.

© 2011 Superior Court of California, County of Riverside