End Search
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request a continuance of a hearing?

The Superior Court of California, County of Riverside - Probate FAQs

Can I appear telephonically?

You may contact Court Call at 888.882.6878 to request to appear telephonically. Court Call is a private service provided to the public. There is a service fee you will be required to pay in order to use this service.

How do I object to a matter before the court?

Objections must be filed with the court at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled hearing. Objections must be in the proper format on pleading paper and filed with the court with payment of the correct filing fee. You may also appear at the hearing and object; however, the court will require you to file written objection thereafter.

How do I contact a Probate Examiner regarding Probate notes?

After reviewing the probate notes on the website, you may email a probate examiner. (Email is checked daily and you should receive a response within 24 hours)

However, keep in mind the examiner may only answer procedural questions. Examiners may not give legal advice or advise you how to handle your matter.

Email a Probate Examiner relating to Probate Notes
Where can I get help filling out the guardianship petition?

As a self-represented litigant, you may be eligible for legal assistance through the Public Service Law Corporation (PSLC) or the Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP). You may contact them at 951.682.7968 (Riverside), 909.244.2920 (Mid-County), or 760.347.9456 (Desert).

© 2018 Superior Court of California, County of Riverside