Self-help information centers

What are Self-Help Information Centers?

Self-Help Information Centers provide general assistance to people who do not have attorneys. Assistance is provided in the areas of family law, evictions, small claims, name changes, guardianship, conservatorship, probate and restraining orders. You can also find information about upcoming workshops and other available assistance.

Where are the Self-Help Information Centers located?

Self-Help Information Centers are open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following court locations:

Banning Justice Center
311 E. Ramsey Street
Banning, CA. 92220

Blythe Court
265 N. Broadway
Blythe, CA. 92225

Hemet Court
880 N. State Street
Hemet, CA. 92543

Larson Justice Center
46-200 Oasis Street
Indio, CA. 92201

Riverside Family Law Court
4175 Main Street
Riverside, CA. 92501

Southwest Justice Center
30755-D Auld Road
Murrieta, CA. 92563

Riverside Self-Help Center
3535 10th Street - 2nd floor (Map)
Riverside, CA. 92501
(Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)

What RESOURCES ARE available at the Self-Help Information Center?

Computers – Computers provide access to the Court’s website.  They may also be used to complete legal documents, conduct research, find additional resources and access court records.  Please note that there is a fee of $0.50 per page to print copies from a court file.    

Self-Help Publications – Self-help books covering various areas of law are available for public use while visiting the Self-Help Information Center.  Subjects include divorce, grandparent rights, landlord rights, tenant rights, small claims and other topics. 

Form Packets – Commonly used form packets of legal documents are available.  For instance, there are form packets for Unlawful Detainer, Divorce, and Default Judgment (Divorce). 

Brochures – Brochures providing general and specific information on a variety of topics are also available.

Is there a fee for using the Self-Help Information Centers?

There is no fee to use the centers or any assistance provided. However, you may need to pay for copies and court filing fees at the clerk's office.

© 2018 Superior Court of California, County of Riverside