Information for Attorneys & Litigants

Quick Links

 Collapse All Expand All  

Hearing and Trial Information

Administrative Orders

987.9 & 987.2 PC Funding

The Presiding Judge annually appoints three judicial officers, as well as alternates, to serve as the Pay Judge Panel. The Panel independently reviews requests for reasonably necessary costs for the preparation or presentation of defense in criminal cases pursuant to Penal Code Sections 987.9 (death penalty) and 987.2 (non-death penalty), in which the defendant is indigent and represented by private counsel, or self-represented.

Temporary Judge Information

The Temporary Judge Program Administrator for Riverside Superior Court is Cameo Gallo. Contact the Administrator regarding your questions or feedback about the temporary judge program.

Judicial ethics training is now available online.

View online additional Temporary Judge Education and Information. Upon completion please mail your certificate to:

Superior Court of California
County of Riverside
Attn: Cameo Gallo
4175 Main Street
Riverside, Ca. 92501

Private Attorney ID Badges

Private attorneys with a court-issued photo identification badge will be provided expedited entry at any secured and controlled screening entrance to a courthouse in Riverside County.

This is defined as walking through the magnetometers and being required to have personal items go through x-ray screening. In the event the x-ray machines are unavailable court security will physically search these items.

Where, in the sole discretion of the court, and it is feasible, separate entrances may be made available. If you do not present a current ID badge, you will be required to enter the building with the general public.

What do I need ?

The following items must be provided to the court for approval of an ID badge:

  • Private Attorney ID Badge Request Form
  • Current Bar Card or Bar Card number through the California Bar Association
  • Personal Photo Identification Card (Valid CA ID, CA driver's license, or passport)
  • Fee of $10.00
Where to apply

The application must be submitted in person and the application process begins by paying the $10.00 fee at any of the locations below.


Riverside - Historic Courthouse
4050 Main Street, Riverside, CA 92501

Attorney Services Window
Civil Clerk's Office

Indio - Larson Justice Center
46200 Oasis Street, Indio, CA. 92201

Criminal Clerk's Office
Window 1

Murrieta - Southwest Justice Center
30755 -D Auld Rd., Murrieta, CA 92563

Attorney Services Window
Clerk's Office

Palm Springs – 3255 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way,
Palm Springs, CA 92262

Attorney Services Window
Clerk's Office


The clerk will process the $10.00 fee and provide a receipt for payment and further instructions for processing.