Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

2024 Escheatment Claim Instructions and Forms:

If you were mailed a notice - See the claim steps/instructions here


View up-to-date information about court operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.  Updated:  04/13/2023 5:33 pm

Juvenile Frequently Asked Questions

Juvenile Information & FAQs

Click on the frequently asked questions below for more information.

The forms needed are:

Contact your local Juvenile Court for filing procedures.

Depending on what you are seeking to modify, you can use the Request to Change Court Order for the request for the modification.

Please consult your attorney prior to filing this form to ensure that you are following the appropriate procedure and using the correct form.

Contact your attorney as soon as possible.

The Judicial Council website has an Emancipation Pamphlet (external site pdf ), which explains the requirements for emancipations. In Riverside County, emancipations are filed and heard in the Civil Courts.

Notify your attorney of record and they will ask the court to have it added to the calendar.

Contact the Riverside County Probation Department for further information.

You can file a Petition to Obtain the Report of Law Enforcement with the court. If approved, the Petition and Order is then taken by the parties to the appropriate law enforcement agency and they will provide a copy.

A De Facto Parent is a person who is, or has been, the caretaker of a child and who has been found by the court to have assumed the role of a parent to a child, fulfilling both the child’s physical and psychological needs for care and affection and who has assumed that role for a substantial period of time. There is a De Facto Parenting Information Pamphlet (external site pdf ) and a De Facto Parents Webpage (external site ) available on the Judicial Council Website. The necessary forms are:

Yes, a parent or legal guardian must appear with their child for court hearings.

There are numerous hearings held on Juvenile cases. These are the most common:

  • Initial/Detention Hearing - A hearing by a judicial officer of a juvenile court to determine whether a juvenile is to be detained or released while juvenile proceedings in the case are pending.
  • Jurisdiction Hearing - A hearing in where the parties either admit or deny the allegations that are contained within the petition.

  • Pre-Trial Hearing - Is a proceeding prior to trial/contest used to narrow the issues to be tried, obtain stipulations as to matters and evidence to be heard, and to take any steps necessary to aid in the disposition of the case.

  • Trial - Is a contested hearing in where the decision of wardship or dependency will be decided by the court after a trial in conducted and testimony is given by witnesses.
  • Disposition Hearing - A hearing in juvenile court to determine the most appropriate form of custody and/or treatment for a juvenile who has been adjudged a delinquent, status offender, or a dependent.

  • Review Hearings - In 300 dependency matters the review hearings are set to determine if family reunification is appropriate. In 600 delinquency matters the review hearings are set to monitor the progress of the ward.