Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

2024 Escheatment Claim Instructions and Forms:

If you were mailed a notice - See the claim steps/instructions here


View up-to-date information about court operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.  Updated:  04/13/2023 5:33 pm

Probate FAQs

Click on the frequently asked questions below for more information.

Local Rule 7109 permits an attorney or a self-represented party to request that the hearing on an uncontested petition be continued for a period of at least three weeks by emailing at least four court days prior to the hearing. The email request must indicate that the party requesting the continuance has notified all parties entitled to notice of the hearing and any other interested persons for whom he or she has reason to know may attend the hearing of the request for continuance. Requests are ruled on by the court at the time of the hearing. Email requests will not be taken on contested matters and Orders to Show Cause.

Objections must be filed with the court at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled hearing. Objections must be in the proper format on pleading paper and filed with the court with payment of the correct filing fee. You may also appear at the hearing and object; however, the court will require you to file written objection thereafter.

After reviewing the probate notes on the website, you may email a probate examiner. (Email is checked daily and you should receive a response within 24 hours)

However, keep in mind the examiner may only answer procedural questions. Examiners may not give legal advice or advise you how to handle your matter.

Email a Probate Examiner relating to Probate Notes

As a self-represented litigant, you may be eligible for legal assistance through the Public Service Law Corporation (PSLC) (external site ) or the Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP) (external site ). You may contact them at:

Email Contact for: Clerk's Office (email)

Court Web Chat at: The Court Web Chat Page

Contact Probate Clerk's Office at: (951) 777-3147