This policy covers how Riverside County Superior Court (RCSC) treats personal information that it receives, including information related to users' current and past use of certain Court services. Personal information is information about a user that is uniquely identifiable such as your name, residential address, email address, or phone number.
Types of Personal Information RCSC Collects
Information Users Give RCSC
Users may give RCSC information by signing up for an online account, entering information through our online forms or surveys, enrolling in the eNotify and/or Emergency Notification System (ENS), or contacting us by phone for information. The categories of information users may provide include:
- Contact information such as name, address, location, email, and telephone number, and if applicable, company/organization or government agency affiliation.
- Identifying information relating to a user's business with the court including an attorney's state bar number, a juror's badge number, court case number, and date of birth.
- Online identifiers, such as IP address, cookies, and/or username.
- Court related documents, including forms or electronic files submitted for filing, review, or other assistance by the court. When submitting documents for review or filing them with the court, it is the sole responsibility of the filer to Protect Your Privacy (pdf ).
- Professional, employment, or education information, such as copies of a user's resume or CV and any other information required to verify a user's qualifications for recruitment purposes.
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with RCSC through third-party features that users use on the RCSC website and other services (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter) or posted on social media pages.
- Financial information, such as credit card information, for making payments online.
- Note: Financial transactions relating to the RCSC website and services are handled by RCSC's payment services providers. RCSC will use and share transaction data with its payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing users' payments and addressing complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. RCSC does not collect or store credit card numbers.
Information RCSC Automatically Collects
RCSC collects information that a user's browser sends whenever the RCSC website is visited. This includes Log Data, such as a user's computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website a user visits, the time and date of a user's visit, the time spent on RCSC webpages, and other statistics. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting and other means, such as Google Remarketing and Facebook Pixel. Users can control cookies in their web browser to enable or disable them.
Information RCSC Collects From Third Parties
If a user accesses the RCSC website through third parties (e.g., Facebook or Google), or if a user shares content from the RCSC website to a third-party social media service, the third-party service will send us certain information about the user if the third-party service and the user's account settings allow such sharing. The information RCSC receives will depend on the policies and the user's account settings with the third-party service.
How RCSC Uses Personal Information
RCSC uses personal information from/about users as follows:
- To provide users with the services on the RCSC platform, including online case access, online services for jurors, traffic tickets, court hearing check-in, juror check-in, notifications regarding check-in protocols, Emergency Notifications for RCSC employees and justice partners, and to contact users in order to alert them to some other issue RCSC believes may be important to a user's Court-related matter.
- To analyze website usage and improve the services offered.
- For project planning and troubleshooting problems.
- To provide users with employment opportunities.
- For detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
How Does RCSC Share Users' Personal Information?
Affiliates and Service Providers
RCSC shares user information with RCSC's third-party service providers and any subcontractors as required to offer users our services.
Third Party Links and Websites
The RCSC website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that RCSC does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Disclosures Required by Law
RCSC may be required to disclose user data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. RCSC may be under a duty to disclose or share a user's personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, to protect our rights, property, or safety, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
User Privacy Choices
Please contact RCSC at the contact information below if you would like to request access and/or make any changes to your personal information.
Confidentiality and Security
RCSC limits access to personal information about users to those employees who RCSC believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide assistance to users. RCSC has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about users. RCSC does create individual profiles with the information users provide. RCSC does not give user information to any other public or private organization for commercial purposes or otherwise. There is one exception to this policy: if a user communicates a threat or a message that describes or promotes unlawful activity, RCSC will share it with law enforcement.
No website, application, or transmission can guarantee security. While RCSC has established and maintains what it believes to be physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, RCSC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information users transmit to RCSC.
Cookies and Analytics
To make the RCSC website and services work properly, RCSC sometimes places small data files called cookies on users' devices. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, shopping cart, or other preferences) over a period of time, so you do not have to keep re-entering this information whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Links to Other Websites
No Legal Advice
No warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, is made with respect to any information or third-party sites accessed through this page. Further, this website is not a substitute for legal advice. Much of the information provided by this website is subject to change, so users should verify the accuracy and current status of any information published on this website before relying upon it.