Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

2024 Escheatment Claim Instructions and Forms:

If you were mailed a notice - See the claim steps/instructions here

Interpreter Information

About the Interpreter Services Division

The Interpreter Services Division ensures that a person with limited English proficiency is provided a court interpreter free of charge in all mandated case types.

These mandated areas include:

  • Criminal, Traffic and Juvenile
  • Child Support (AB1058)
  • Mental Health

In addition, the Riverside Superior Court has expanded interpreter services to most civil case types. We now provide a court interpreter free of charge as follows:

  • Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment and Elder Abuse Cases
  • Unlawful Detainer (eviction) Cases
  • Termination of Parental Rights Cases
  • All Family Law Cases 
  • Conservatorship and Guardianship Cases
Other Civil Case Types

The Riverside Superior Court is committed to expanding language access to all case types and will accept requests for interpreters for other civil case types not listed above. However, interpreter services for these civil case types will be subject to interpreter availability.

Need an Interpreter?

If you need an interpreter, please complete the Interpreter Request Form (pdf) and email the request to:

You may also submit the form in person at the clerk’s office.

All requests must be made in advance with as much notice as possible, and prior to the hearing (a minimum two-business day notice for Spanish and Sign Language interpreters and five (5) business days for all other languages).

Cancel an Interpreter

The Interpreter Services Division must be notified of any changes, continuances, or cancellations as soon as possible in order to avoid late-cancellation situations. If an interpreter is requested and appears but is not used, the attorney may be held financially responsible for all interpreter fees. To cancel an interpreter, complete the online Request to Cancel an Interpreter Form (pdf ) and submit via email to: or file with the clerks' office prior to the hearing date.

Language Access Complaint Process

If you believe you have not been provided with reasonable or professional language access, please complete the Language Access Complaint Form - IN006 (pdf )(Spanish version) and submit it to any clerk at a public counter, via email to, or by mail to the Interpreter Services Division at the address listed below. The Court will respond within 30 days upon receipt of your complaint.

Please note that if your complaint does not fall within Language Access Services jurisdiction, it will be forwarded to the appropriate department/agency for investigation.

Interpreter Services Division, Language Access Services
30755 Auld Road - Suite D201
Murrieta, CA. 92563

Email Address:

Contact the Interpreter Services Division

  • Riverside Hall of Justice, Juvenile, Family Law, Corona, & Moreno Valley

    Western Region Coordinator

    4100 Main Street

    Riverside, Ca. 92501

    Phone: 951.777.3743

  • Blythe, Larson Justice Center, Palm Springs

    Desert Region Coordinator

    46-200 Oasis Street

    Indio, Ca. 92201

    Phone: 760.393.2412

  • Banning, Hemet, Southwest Justice Center - Murrieta, & Temecula

    Mid-County Region Coordinator

    30755-D Auld Road

    Murrieta, Ca. 92563

    Phone: 951.704.7590

Find more about...

Click on the topics below for more information.

To find an interpreter for matters outside the scope of the court's services when parties are responsible for the costs of the interpreting services (i.e., depositions, attorney/client conferences, and pre-trial preparations), click here to search for an interpreter (external site ).

At the request of the limited English proficient (LEP) person, a "temporary interpreter" (adult family member or friend) may be used to prevent delay. The temporary interpreter is required to read the Foreign Language Interpreter Duties for Civil and Small Claims (INT-200 form) (external site pdf  ) , prior to the proceeding. This form is provided to assist the volunteer with understanding the basic responsibilities they will have when performing their duties of an interpreter.

The Interpreter Services Division is responsible for coordinating all interpreter requests for all calendared hearings.

The division oversees the hiring of all independent contract interpreters assisting with foreign languages and American Sign Language (according to the Americans with Disabilities Act). Interpreter Services Division through its diligent search process per Government Code Section 71802, makes every attempt to contract certified/registered interpreters from the Judicial Council and expects all language interpreters to abide by The Code of Professional Ethics and the Interpreter Oath (external site pdf ).

All Independent Interpreter Contractors are required to have an Independent Contractor Agreement and background clearance on file with the Riverside Superior Court. 

Forms for contract interpreters:

This notice contains Riverside Superior Court local rules and policies that pertain to translations.